Openings in ES 312: Oral Communication for International Graduate Students
Hello,
I’m sending this last minute message to SAOs in programs that may
have students who would benefit from one of the courses I’m teaching
this quarter:
ESL 312: Classroom Communication for International Teaching Assistants IIMW 2:00-3:50, Humanities A40
The course is designed for international
graduate students who will be serving as TAs but since the class is
under enrolled,
I would be happy to broaden the net to include any international
graduate student who wishes to improve their oral communication skills
(this would include students in a Master’s as well as PhD program).
The class has already met once this quarter and the next class is
tomorrow. I would very much appreciate it if you could forward this
message asap to students who might be interested in attending.
If possible, please have them begin attending class tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2pm. (Next Monday is a holiday).
Thanks for your assistance and sorry for the short notice! Please
email me (or have your students email me directly) if they have
questions. I’m not looking for auditors—just students who would
appreciate the opportunity to improve their oral language
skills in a supportive atmosphere.
Best,
Janet Goodwin
ESL Academic Coordinator
Humanities 126A
Goodwin@ucla.edu